Farrell Plumbing is a top provider of precise leak detection services in Port Richey, FL, and the surrounding areas. When it comes to leaks, it pays to consult our team right away to put an end to the issue right away. Be sure to get in touch with us at the first sign of trouble that involves leaks in your plumbing system.
Understanding the Causes of Leaks
Household and commercial plumbing leaks are one of the most dangerous problems in a building. Water damage is the result of a leak, and in many cases, the origin of the problem is not immediately evident. Moisture in your floors, walls, and ceiling starts to grow mold in 48 hours. If you see moisture in your walls or have an obvious leak, Farrell Plumbing will send a plumber in Port Richey, FL who has the tools and expertise for water leak detection to determine the source of the leak and fix it.
Leak detection specialists recognize these main causes of plumbing leaks:
- Pinhole leaks occur on a regular basis in the Tampabay area as the copper water lines age over time. We regularly find and fix pinhole copper leaks in walls, and under the concrete slab. When you find water leaking and pooling, it can be seeping through the slab from many feet away. The only way to determine where the pinhole is located is via our leak detection and repair service.
- Clogged drains can result in broken pipes especially when the pressure of the block becomes great. This is most commonly seen in HVAC systems and gutters.
- Broken or worn-out seals on older appliances such as washing machines or dishwashers
- Corrosion occurs mainly in old pipes. Leak detection services may recommend you replace older pipes before they start to leak and cause water damage in your home or office.
- Weak pipe joints can be a source of leaking. Damaged pipe joints may not be obvious, but if you hear a banging sound when you turn on the hot water, there is a good chance you have a damaged joint. This can be caused by tree roots but may also occur in old pipes.
- Tree roots are a major cause of leaking and can only be verified by underground leak detection. If the leaking pipe is in your yard, you may see areas of greenery in unusual places or places where you never water plants. If the underground leak is under your home, you may not even be aware of it, but notice your water bill increasing.
Leak Detection from Farrell Plumbing
Farrell Plumbing brings to your home the tools and expertise to find even the smallest leak. Our skilled technicians use leak detectors that are the latest technology and include advanced electronic leak detection equipment. We are experts in water leak detection. Even if the leak is under a large concrete slab, we can find it and fix it. We use pressure testing, ultrasonic audio detectors, and wire transmitters to find the location of the leak.
We detect and fix leaks in several different ways including:
- Leak detection equipment
- Dye testing to find leaks in toilet and sewer pipes
- Adjusting the water pressure because very strong water pressure can weaken pipes and result in leaks
- Test and clean garbage disposal traps, drains and shut-off valves
- Test hose bibs
Consult Our Experts
Water damage is a serious problem because it may promote the growth of toxic mold that will pollute the air quality inside the building. It may also result in expensive construction work to remove the mold. Leaks can increase your energy costs as your water bill gets higher for no apparent reason. We serve the following areas:
- Port Richey, FL
- New Port Richey, FL
- Trinity, FL
- And surrounding areas
The problem needs to be fixed permanently as stop-gap measures are insufficient for your home’s safety. Our experts will do the job right the first time quickly and efficiently. Call Farrell Plumbing as soon as possible and request our leak detection services. Or schedule an appointment via our online scheduling app: https://book.housecallpro.com/book/Farrell-Plumbing/9e3158d4a33b4c888c6460f41780ec01